“Onboarding” refers to the administrative activities that must be conducted once a new faculty member has accepted the offer to join Yale. Below are several documents to help onboarding each faculty member. In addition to this list, you may need to create a checklist of actions that are specific to your school, department, or the faculty member, e.g. access to labs or adding them to mailing lists.
- New Faculty Checklist - Provides a list of actions that might need to be taken by the department administrator for each new faculty member.
- Faculty Data Collection Form (3501 FR.09) - This form can be emailed to the faculty member to request his or her personal information.
- Template email for new faculty - Send to all newly hired and returning faculty. Serves as a checklist of actions to be taken by the faculty member. If the faculty member is benefit eligible (percent time is 50% or greater), he or she will need to enroll in benefits.
- International Faculty Onboarding Checklist - Send to international faculty to help prepare them for the move to the Yale.
- Transfer-in Checklist - Provides a list of actions that might need to be taken for faculty who are bringing sponsored research from other institutions.
Yale Net ID- The Yale Net ID and password grant access to the campus network and many University systems, such as email, library resources, wifi, VPN, and course management systems. Net IDs are generated 4 times a day in Oracle once the record has been approved in Workday. The pin for the Net ID can be requested 90 days in advance of the start date by authorized personnel in the department who have access to the START request system.