Faculty Information System (FIS) was created to provide:
- a single reference point for faculty appointments, teaching, degrees, leaves, and committee assignments;
- access to faculty information pulled from several official University databases;
- the ability to generate useful reports with this information;
- a system that will support annual administrative events such as leave requests, promotion reviews, and the annual raise process; and
- a secure tool with that will allow for broad use across Yale.
Access and Eligibility
Administrative staff members whose responsibilities include supporting and managing faculty appointments are eligible to use this tool. This system is secured by the Central Authentication Service (CAS). Yale VPN is needed if working off campus (a non-Yale internet source). Anyone wishing to have access must submit an access request form.
Once you have access, click on the button below to link to the Oracle E-Business Suite menu. Then, select “YUHR Faculty Information System” to access FIS.
The Office of Faculty Administrative Services (OFAS) is the steward of the Faculty Information System and the underlying Oracle HR faculty data. Please contact us for support if you have questions regarding faculty information displayed in the system or use of the system. Please note that questions regarding faculty information related to the Faculty of Arts and Sciences should be directed to Anita DePalma and questions regarding faculty information related to the central campus professional schools should be directed to Kathy Poirier. Any questions related to postdoctoral associates and fellows and visiting fellows should be directed to the Office for Postdoctoral Affairs .