On July 1, 2015, Workday became our system of record for human resources and payroll as well as all faculty appointment information. In place of entering faculty appointment information onto forms to be sent to the Office of Faculty Administrative Services (OFAS), you will enter faculty information directly into Workday. The only information not entered into Workday are the charging instructions (labor distribution) for compensation. For this purpose, you must use the new Charging Instructions for Faculty Compensation form.
If you wish, you may continue to use the forms below as worksheets for gathering the information that you need to enter into Workday. For each form below, the name of the guide for completing the Workday process is included. All of the Workday guides are on the Workday@Yale training site.
- The deadline for submitting compensation information for a given month is the 9th of the month for FAS and the 15th of the month for all other schools in order for the change to be included in that month’s payroll. Forms that are not completed properly may result in a delay of being processed.
- If the compensation is for a faculty member who is not in your supervisory organization, you will need to send the form to the supervisory organization for entry into Workday. NOTE: If the faculty member is being given a secondary appointment in your department, you may enter the academic appointment only into Workday.
- Complete the form in its entirety. If you do not know the answer to a specific section of the form, consult your local business office or contact the Office of Faculty Administrative Services.
- Attach all required documents for the particular transaction.
- Run the PTAEO Validator to verify that the account is active and will be active for the duration of the appointment.
NOTE: Be sure to click the “Labor” radio button as the Transaction Type.
*Faculty Appointment Form
*Faculty Data Change Form
*Faculty Data Collection Form
*Faculty Extra Compensation Form
*Faculty Leave Form - This form is only being used for cancelling or changing previously approved leaves.
Faculty Search Questionnaire (FSQ)
Faculty Summer Compensation Form
*Faculty Termination Form
*Forms replaced by a Workday business process. Refer to the section below for a link to the guide.
Uses and corresponding Workday guide for the new process:
(1) Recording a promotion for a faculty member. Change Job: In Track Promotion (Academic)
(2) Re-appointing a faculty member to a primary, fully joint, or secondary appointment. Academic: Managing Appointments
(3) Providing a faculty member with an initial secondary appointment. Academic: Managing Appointments
Uses: This form was used for making changes to appointment or compensation information that was previously submitted on another form. In Workday, you may often use the “Correct” option to make a change to a previously approved business process.
Uses: (1) Creating a brand new faculty record. (2) Re-activating a faculty record for a faculty member who is returning to Yale after having been away for one year or more. Create Job Req: Academic: Hire Faculty (Non-STARS)
Uses: Providing an active faculty member with additional compensation for services rendered. All extra compensation should receive prior approval of the Provost’s Office or the FAS Dean’s Office. Manage Compensation (Academic)
Uses: (1) Placing a faculty member on leave, recording teaching relief for a specific period of time, or recording the work reduction plan for faculty on phased retirement. (2) Changing or cancelling a leave, teaching relief, or work reduction that was previously submitted. NOTE: Until further notice, please continue to use this form to cancel or change previously approved leaves. Leave of Absence: Academic (Time Off)
Uses: Reporting the results of a ladder faculty search and providing a detailed account of the outreach plan and recruitment efforts. This does not have a corresponding Workday process at the current time.
- Please follow the instructions at the top of the form. The form must be submitted as a Word document and the supporting materials as a single pdf document.
- Offers cannot be made to the candidate until this form has been approved.
Uses: Providing a faculty member with compensation for work conducted during the months of June, July, and/or August.
- Please submit this form directly to Kathy Schoonmaker with a copy to Abby Scott, business operations for the Provost’s Office.
(1) Recording the death of a faculty member.
(2) Indicating that a faculty member who was made an offer to come to Yale has declined the offer.
(3) Recording a faculty resignation. Submit letter/email of resignation to email@example.com.
(4) Terminate a faculty member who is retiring. NOTE: If the faculty member has been tenured for at least 10 years and years of service plus age is 75 or greater, he or she may be eligible for emeritus status. This is NOT a termination. This is a change in the Track Type Category and will require a Change Job process.
(5) Terminating a faculty member.