The forms below are used for processing faculty administrative transactions. This page includes a brief description of each form as well as tips for completing each form.
- The deadline for submitting compensation changes for a given month is the 9th of the month for the change to be included in that month’s payroll. Forms that are not completed properly may result in a delay of being processed.
- Prior to completing any form, use the Faculty Information System (FIS) to check for existing information regarding the faculty member. The information in the system may need to be included on the form or may influence other information on the form. For example, a full-time researcher who is being appointed as a lecturer will need to have the charging adjusted.
- Complete the form in its entirety. If you do not know the answer to a specific section of the form, consult your local business office or contact the Office of Faculty Administrative Services.
- Attach all required documents for the particular transaction.
- Consider using the Non-ladder Faculty Calculation Worksheet to assist with the salary section of the form.
- If the form contains a PTAEO for charging the salary, you must run the PTAEO Validator to verify that the account is active and that it will be active for the duration of the appointment. NOTE: Be sure to click the “Labor” radio button as the Transaction Type.
- All forms require approval from the department making the change as well as an approval from the Provost’s Office. The primary department will also need to approve if the change is being made by a secondary.
- In the Faculty of Arts and Sciences the local approver is the department chair.
- In the professional schools, the local approver is often a dean affiliated with academic administration for the school.
- All forms, with the exception of Summer Compensation Forms, and their supporting documentation should be submitted to email@example.com. Summer Compensation Forms must be sent to Kathy Schoonmaker with a copy to Abby Scott.
Faculty Appointment Form
Faculty Data Change Form
Faculty Data Collection Form
Faculty Extra Compensation Form
Faculty Leave Form
Faculty Search Questionnaire (FSQ)
Faculty Summer Compensation Form
Faculty Termination Form
Uses: (1) Recording a promotion for a faculty member. (2) Re-appointing a faculty member to a primary, fully joint, or secondary appointment. (3) Providing a faculty member with an initial secondary appointment.
- Be sure to include all other appointments for which the rank must be changed.
- This form will require local approval from all departments or schools included in the appointments section.
- To reappoint inactive faculty who have been away from Yale for less than one year.
Uses: Making changes to an existing appointment or compensation or a future appointment or compensation that was previously submitted on another form. Essentially, the information had already been submitted on another form. It is also used to submit compensation information if the appointment paperwork was previously submitted without it.
- This form is only used for making changes to appointments or compensation that have been recorded in Oracle. Check FIS or Oracle to see if the information already exists, or check with OFAS if you recently submitted a form and you not certain which form to use.
- Use the Faculty Leave Form to make changes to faculty leaves or teaching relief.
- Use the Faculty Appointment Form to add new fully joint or secondary appointments to an existing faculty member’s record.
- Occasionally, a ladder faculty member will receive a research appointment prior to his or her regular appointment for the purpose of transferring grants or establishing a lab. Use form to create this additional appointment.
Note: Both parts must be submitted simultaneously along with all required supporting documentation.
Uses: (1) Creating a brand new faculty record. (2) Re-activating a faculty record for a faculty member who is returning to Yale after having been away for one year or more.
- Parts 1 and 2 must be submitted simultaneously to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Required fields are flagged with an asterisk.
- Many fields are set to pre-populate with information entered elsewhere on the form. Therefore, entering information from top to bottom is generally more efficient.
- If you wish to create the faculty record in the system, it’s fine to submit this form without the salary information if it is not yet known. When the salary is known, submit a Faculty Data Change Form containing the compensation and charging instructions.
- Occasionally, a ladder faculty member will receive a research appointment prior to his or her regular appointment for the purpose of transferring grants or establishing a lab. In this case, use the Faculty Data Change Form to create this additional appointment.
Uses: Providing an active faculty member with additional compensation for services rendered. All extra compensation should receive prior approval of the Provost’s Office or the FAS Dean’s Office.
Uses: (1) Placing a faculty member on leave, recording teaching relief for a specific period of time, or recording the work reduction plan for faculty on phased retirement. (2) Changing or cancelling a leave, teaching relief, or work reduction that was previously submitted.
- If changing or cancelling a leave, there is no need to enter any information in the “New or Revised Leave Information” section unless the item being changed is the type of leave.
- Leaves that are approved for an entire term or an entire year will start on either January 1 or July 1 and end on either June 30 or December 31. No other dates should be used for start dates and end dates.
- More information on leaves is available on the Leaves page and in the Faculty Handbook, section XVII.
Uses: Reporting the results of a ladder faculty search and providing a detailed account of the outreach plan and recruitment efforts.
- Please follow the instructions at the top of the form. The form must be submitted as a Word document and the supporting materials as a single pdf document.
- Offers cannot be made to the candidate until this form has been approved.
Uses: Providing a faculty member with compensation for work conducted during the months of June, July, and/or August.
- Please submit this form directly to Kathy Schoonmaker with a copy to Abby Scott, business operations for the Provost’s Office.
(1) Recording the death of a faculty member.
- Enter the date of the death. The date recorded may impact benefits.
(2) Indicating that a faculty member who was made an offer to come to Yale has declined the offer.
- In order to add the faculty member to the Corporation vote list, we must create the faculty record in Oracle. Therefore, you will need to notify us as soon as possible if the faculty member declines Yale’s offer in order to terminate the record.
(3) Recording a faculty resignation.
- Please request a written resignation letter or email from the faculty member and submit this with the form.
(4) Recording the retirement of a faculty member, this includes faculty who were on a phased retirement plan. If the faculty member has been tenured for at least 10 years and years of service plus age is 75 or greater, he or she may be eligible for emeritus status.
(5) Terminating a faculty member.