he Applicants list page will be the landing page in Interfolio, after a search position is created. Click a search title from the list of Positions (Tip: right click, select Open link in New Tab) and it will open to the Applicants page. This list will grow as applicants apply.
The basics information on this page.
- Unit name - typically a department name.
- Status (should not be blank - Accepting Application or click change to select another status);
- Opens (the date the search opened);
- Closes - (enter a date 1 year after the Open date as a best practice and per the Office of the Provost. ) Reminder: this is a hard stop date, meaning no one can apply after this date. This date can be modified however, it is best to wait until shortlist is determined. Then, you can adjust the Closes date from the one that is a year after the Opens date to one that better reflects the date the search closed.
- Listed below is: Keyword Search field, a green Filter button, a Saved Views button and a Columns button. Click on each button to see what they do.
- Further below, are the default Column headers: a checkbox, Applicant Name, Date Updated, Applicant Status; Tag and My Overall Rating. Click on the Columns button above to select a few more data items to be displayed on the list for each applicant.
All applicants need to be listed on this page.
All applicants must be listed on the Applicants list page, especially if the individual has been interviewed or will be interviewed and makes it to the Short List. This is to keep the University in compliance with the Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contractor Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
Two ways to do this:
- Provide the Position URL (apply.interfolio.com/xxxxx); this way the individual can apply and complete their application.
- Or, Add the person on their behalf to the list. - NOTE: this just puts their name on the list. From the Position Actions drop down menu, upper right, select Add New Applicant. Fill in the three field with valid information - do not use your own email address.
- This will generate a system email to the applicant letting her know she can complete her application and this should be encouraged. Only the applicant can fill out the EEO form that is offered in every application and this is the only way their answers are counted in the EEO report that is generated for the FSQ or provided within the FSRP system.
- Click on the following links for more help from Interfolio - start an application on behalf of those who need help or Add Materials on Behalf of an Applicant
Applicant Status and Disposition Code required on all applicants
All applicants must be given the appropriate applicant status and disposition code. Please note, the paper FSQ is being replaced by the new on-line system, Faculty Search Reporting Process (FSRP).
Provide the appropriate and matching applicant status for each individual(s). If an applicant is listed on an Interview Approval form (used only by FAS department) give the applicant status, Interview. If applicant is listed on the FSQ give the applicant status, Final Candidate(s)/Shortlist or if using FSRP, applicants that have been select at the Short List stage will need to have Full / Campus Interview as their status. As a reminder, the FSQ needs to be approved or the Short List in FSRP needs to be approved before an offer is made.
Additional functionality from the red menu bar:
Add tags to an application or a set of applications
Archive a list of applicants in order to help reduce the size of the list for just the selected applicants that are advancing in the review process. NOTE: Archived applicants will not be able to update their application. This is useful if additional requirements need to be requested for the selected applicants that will be continuing in the reviewal process.